N.S.A. Tackles Trips Abroad, Atomic Power

Booklet to Survey '48 Travel Overseas

Coordinated activity by the United States Atomic Energy Commission and the new National Student Association to increase understanding of the implications of nuclear fission among American college students will begin within the next four months, according to a statement yesterday by Robert Smith 1G, NSA vice-president in charge of student international affairs.

Smith made the disclosure at an Oxford Grille luncheon attended by 43 student and administration leaders in Cambridge and sponsored by MIT as well as University delegates to September's Madison NSA Constitutional Convention.

Travel Guide

He declared that his office at 5 Bryant Street, national headquarters of the NSA's foreign program, will publish a comprehensive guide to study and travel opportunities abroad next summer, if sufficient demand exhibits itself.

Smith also announced a meeting of those interested in assisting NSA's international activities for Monday at 3 o'clock. All that the young organization needs to carry out its concrete projects, he asserted, is "full cooperation." In this connection he pointed to the villagers of Glen Falls, New York, who are extending Christmas vacation hospitality to NSA-selected exchange students.

Watson Wishes Success

Representing Dean Bender, Associate Dean Robert B. Watson '37 told the gathering that "we in University Hall have been following developments concerning NSA for some months and certainly back you in principle and wish you every success."

Radcliffe Dean Mildred P. Sherman admitted "we like you and greatly admire the things you are doing," while Dean of Men Everettt Baker of MIT praised the "high quality" of the Constitution adopted at the group's founding sessions.