Red Book Exhorts Yard Subscribers

Subscription solicitors of the 1951 Red Book and Register will assault the Yard in force throughout the week, said Donald M. Maynard '51, chairman of the Red Book Committee, last night. Commuters, he added, will be contacted through the mails.

Yardlings are being asked to pledge a subscription to the Freshman publication early this fall, as Maynard warned: "Requests for the yearbook which are received after the printing contract has been arranged cannot be filled, for the Committee is working with a limited budget which requires a single printing order."

The Class of '51 is the first since the war to publish a Register, which will contain the name, college and home address, and photograph of every member of the Freshman Class. Publication date for the Register has been set at "sometime before the Christmas holiday."

Red Book publicity is spread all the way across the Yard to the Union, spokesmen for the committee stated, with descriptive circulars distributed to each room, and posters on every bulletin beard urging Freshmen not to delay in signing up for the publications.