Orange and Black Masses for Invasion Today

Nassau Varsity Tries Stadium Sod Today Before Big Tussle

By J. ANTHONY Lewis

Nassau's Tigers will gambol on the Stadium turf for the first time since 1942 this afternoon, exploring the ground where they will stalk their Crimson prey tomorrow.

Forty-four of the Princetons, accompanied by 20 trainers, coaches, managers, and well-wishers, left the New Jersey hamlet early this morning and will pull into Back Bay at 2:45 o'clock. A quick dash to Cambridge will get them onto Soldiers Field by the 4:30 o'clock deadline, before darkness blots out the last-minute warm-up in the unfamiliar surroundnigs.

At the field yesterday, tiger-tamer Dick Harlow and his fellow coaches were stymied by the ever-present hour exams. Only about half of the projected starting even got out to the tenth-hour drill, and practice was cut short at 5"15 o'clock.

Passes Get Work

More passing-offensive and defensive tactics--was the emphasized effort, with a long session of protection against Orange and Black aerial thrusts taking up a lot of the time.

The medical department had nothing to add to its news of yesterday, which listed Howie Houston and John Gorczynski as ready for duty at the tackles and Jim Kenary as a possible for quarterback duty. Despite the two linemen's return,--Nick Rodis will stay shifted over in the tackle department, and John Florentine, one-time wingman, still looks like the definite starter at center.

As part of the Pre-Princeton warmup yesterday, music and flares blossomed at Dillon Field House and steaks sizzled at the Varsity Club.