Victory-Starved Tiger Pack Prowls Stadium Turf Today

Feinberg Captains Crimson Eleven; Injured Men May Return to Action

By J. ANTHONY Lewis

If you believe the weather man, it will be a rain-soaked Tiger that takes the field this afternoon for the fortieth ueneal of the Crimson-Nassau football fracas. Damp or not, about 35,000 partisans are expected to turn out to see a heavily favored Princeton squad make its first appearance in the Stadium since 1942.

Both elevens, already hung with three losses this year, will be gunning for this triumph as a possible turning point in a disappointing season; and for the Bengals the contest will also provide a luscious opportunity to avenge last year's desperate 13 to 12 defeat. Rutgers, Cornell, and Pennsylvania have toppled the Orange and Black earlier in the season, but a comparison of the 13 to 7 Rutgers-Princeton tally with the Cantabs '31 to 7 shellacking puts the invaders at least 6 points in front in the bookies lineup.

Princeton has not defeated the Crimson since they squeezed by, 9 to 6, in Palmer Stadium in 1939. Of the 39 games previously played between the schools, the Tigers have won 20, Harvard 14, and five contests have ended in ties.

New Stars Aid Bengals

Solid foundation of the Tigers' hopes is a healthy percentage returned from last year's outfit, spiced by two new backs who figure to outrace Crimson defenders tomorrow. Potent Paul Cowie, dashman who whipped Army's Glenn Davis last year, paces the Bengal attack, with help from George Sella, wingback whose twelve pass receptions this fall have netted him 285 yards.

Richard C. Harlow's home forces will play under a new leader today: Jim Feinberg, whose dependable guard play as the anchor of Harlow's battered line has earned him the coach's top praise. Feinberg will be the fourth game captain since the removal in injured Vince Moravec at Virginia.

Return of the Natives

Crimson aspirations for victory hang significantly on the return to form of three erstwhile starters who have been sidelined while their team's tally dropped to a fifty-fifty three and three record. Tackle Howie Honston is slated to start, but Jim Kenary, hurling quarterback, and John Gorczynski, another tackle, are still slightly doubtful and will see only scattered action.

Harlow's answers to Cowie, fleet Chip Gannon and Hall Moffie, are also ready again after a few Rutgers-inflicted bruises. In case of a casualty tell like that of the rest of the season. Harlow will keep six of the participants in yesterday's Jayvee contest on hand.