A V C Initiates New Drive for Local Housing

Vets Send Letters To Find Vacancies

Seeking to loosen the local housing situation, the American Veterans Committee last night renewed its campaign of this spring to obtain listings of available living quarters for married students now out in the cold.

Almost 200 letters went out Friday to some of the graduate students living outside the University and leaving in February, John A. Quisenberry '46, chairman of the AVC Housing Committee, announced yesterday.

The letters have asked these students to list their present living, quarters and approximate date of vacancy with the committee to expedite occupancy by new tenants.

Replice Expected

Quisenberry predicted at least a 30 percent reply from these letters with five percent positive answers. As soon as responses are received, listings will be posted in the AVC's Phillips Brooks House office for the use of both veterans and non-vets to contact individual landlords.

No priorities will be given to anyone. Quisenberry explained, because landlords would rent the quarters to outsiders by the time the AVC contacted the proper person on any priority schedule.

Last week's letters were mailed to students in the Law, Public Administration, Public Health, Engineering, and Education schools.