Hockey

Sports Editor of the Daily Dartmouth

By Lou Harris, (Special to the CRIMSON)

HANOVER, N. H., February 12--Dartmouth hasn't lost a hockey game to an American team on its own Davis Rink ice since 1940. The high-powered Indians haven't dropped a decision to Harvard since coach Joe Stubbs' men swept their sixteenth straight win by trouncing the Green, 14 to 4, before a 1937 Winter Carnival crowd.

But if Dartmouth's rampaging sextet boasts a flock of records and rates a decided edge over the visitors on paper, the Indians are not overlooking the rough manner in which Coach Johnny Chase's Cantabs have been treating opponents of late, and Eddie Jeremiak has his Big Green primed for this one despite a two-week layoff necessitated by examinations.

Green Has Won 11 of 13

The Green scoring punch, spearheaded by Bruce Cunliffe and center Bruce Mather, has accounted for 90 goals to date. All told, the Green have annexed 11 out of their last 13 games, Colorado handing them their only loss at the fag end of their transcontinental road trip, 5 to 2.

Teaming with left wing Cunliffe and Mather in the starting line is captain Ralph Warburton, making his final appearance in a Dartmouth uniform before graduation and a trip to Europe with an AAU hockey team. Jeremiah will have his two huskies, 28-year-old Soup Campbell and George Pulliam at the opening defense spots, with goalie Dick Desmond in the nets. Pulliam and Campbell are both vicious body checkers.