Varsity, Yearling Swordsmen Duel Brown, Andover

"We're still in the process of rearranging our lineups for the big matches, but we won't have any trouble taking Brown anyway," predicted Donald C. Van Roosen, Varsity fencing manager-captain yesterday. "We've got the same problem as every other squad inexperience, but the team is shaping up fine."

Both the Freshmen and Varsity will do battle at the Indoor Athletic Building today, with the Yearlings parrying Andover in their third match. Although they were whipped badly by a quick-thrusting Worcester aggregation on Wednesday, Van Roosen is confident of their ability to stab the prepsters into submission today.

Worcester is Formidable

"Worcester was an excellent team," he confided, "but we lacked two epee men. One of these is back now, and the team is definitely set for this match. Andover is usually strong, but on the basis of our win over Exeter we should have no trouble with them."

With an opening win over Amherst under their belts, the Varsity is getting a "working nucleus" of talent lined up for future matches. "We're still weak in sabers, but the rest of the team is coming along fine. We should have some good contests in our future trips," Van Roosen concluded.