Middie Team To Face Ulen Mermen Here

Navy Arrives Tomorrow After Battling Dartmouth Tonight; '50 Meets St. George Here

By Richard W. Wallach

Two titans of the Eastern Intercollegiate swimming circuit, Dartmouth and Navy, knock heads together tonight up at Hanover, while Hal Ulen's undefeated Crimson out fit sits back hoping to pick up what's left of Navy at 8 o'clock on the following night, and of the Green next Wednesday.

Warming things up for Washington's Birthday in the Indoor Athletic Building pool, the Yardling swimmers meet St. George's best at 2:30 o'clock, before the toughest test for the Varsity to date in the evening.

Win, lose or draw to the Indians, Navy, even granting a scalping job, must be slightly favored over the Crimson. Last performance against the same Columbia squad shows the Lions engulfed last weekend by the Varsity 46 to 29, but earlier downed by the Bluejackets 22 to 9.

Distance Must Beat Sprints

Sprints, specialities, and the medley must almost be conceded to the Middies, Three out of four sailors who made up a 3:38 400-yard relay, enough for sixth in last year's nationals, will be tagging each other off on Saturday.

A Hawaiian reunion as well as some last times will be provided in the sprints, as Crimson's Captain John Watkins and his brother Norm will be struggling to say Aloha in these quickies to sailors Charlie Dwight and Bill Kanakanui. Most appropriately the latter's name is the island equivalent of big medicine.

Ulen must rely for pointal padding on Jerry Gorman and Forbes Norris in the quarter-mile, and Walt Bullard to battle for the 100 free and to lead the 220 race. Divers Tom Drehan and Bob Aaron will also be called upon to sweep the dive over Navy's competent Peter Genger and Joe Morrison.

Annapolis is rated impregnable in the breast and back stroke departments. Chip Higgins turns in a regular 2:35 for the butterfly, and Tom Lechner will literally take his event lieing down