Revised Sextet Seeks Victory Over Holy Cross After Long Hibernation

Preston, Briggs Will Pair at First Defense for Crimson Tonight in Arena Skirmish

By Robert W. Morgan jr.

Victory against Holy Cross is a must tonight when Coach Johnny Chase brings his hockey team out of hiding after 47 days of inactivity to face off in the Boston Arena at 8:30 o'clock.

Yale and Dartmouth have been furnishing stiff opposition almost to the point of invincibility, as anticipated by the preseason dopesters, the Crimson must show improved form and a preponderance of victories against its other opponents to share the Ivy League limelight, starting with a win over the Crusaders tonight.

The Varsity lineup will show some radical changes since lis last and only official appearance December 18, when a highly-regarded Boston University team succumbed 5 to 4. With the graduation of Ili Taylor and Bill Glidden, the defensive posts will be filled by Lou Preston, a rookie flash who once played for St. Paul's School, and Loring Briggs, who skates like a mack truck but works wonders with his stick.

Center Dave Farrell's lise, with wings Bob Feloney and Johnny Crocker, will start again, but Chase has named as his second line Wally Sears, Shaw McKean, and Sid Greeley in view of this trio's fine showing against Boston University. Sears netted the tieing and winning markers against the Terriers with assists from each of his mates.

Still tending the Crimson net will be Jack Lavalle, while George Tilghman and Dick Greeley will alternate at defense. Tom Moseley will center a third line with Bill Ayres and George Gebelein at wings.

Holy Cross has come up fast under new coach Dick Rondeau, formerly of Dartmouth, and looked impressive in downing Northeastern last week 9 to 4. The Crusaders had dropped two previous contests to B. C. and B. U., 8 to 4 and 6 to 4.

With the first two lines evenly matched, the Purple sextet is strong down the middle, sporting at center Captain Don Bussiere, formerly with the Montreal Juniors; defenseman Leo Troy, who led the pigskin parade for the Crusaders against B. C. last fall; and 1943 Dartmouth goalie Jim Ronayne.

Probable LineupsHARVARD  HOLY CROSSCrocker  lw  JohnsonFarrell  e  BussiereFeioney  rw  DohertyPreston  ld  WhitneyBriggs  rd  TroyLavalle  o  Ronayn