Jayvee Hoopmen Pummel Suffolk University, 45-27

Rosinus Elected to Captainey; Surge in Second Half Routs Opponents as Bixler Stars

Hitting the basket in the second half for 27 points, Coach Hal Kopp's Jayvee quintet swamped a shorter Suffolk University squad 45 to 27 in the Indoor Athletic Building last night. High scorer for the Crimson was Frank Bixler, who netted the opening tally of the game and went on to rack up 16 points before the final horn.

Gunther Rosinus of Kirkland House and Cincinnati, Ohio, was chosen Jayvee captain in a pre-game election, and accumulated ten points for the second highest personal total of the evening.

The first half saw both teams unable to make their shots count. Free throws and field goal tries rolled off both rims time after time, and at the end of the second quarter the Jayvees led by a narrow 18 to 15 margin. In the last two periods, however, Kopp's men found the basket, and their barrage left the Hub college quintet far behind.

Totals of the game show the Crimson notched 17 field goals and 11 free throws, while Suffolk sank 9 field goals and 9 free throws. Captain Foster of the losers was their high scorer with seven tallies.