Competitions Open Monday For Advocate

Fifteen Men to Be Accepted On Art, Literary and Business Boards in Four Week Trials

Donald B. Watt, Jr. '47 chairman of the interim committee of the recently revived Advocate magazine, announced last night that the first competitions for the three boards would begin on Monday.

The magazine's trustees have assured the present four man executive committee of financial support for the first two issues, Watt said, and he foresaw no further interruptions in their plan to publish three issues per semester. The first issue will appear on March 24.

Competition to Last One Month

The competition, which are slated to continue for a month, will be for three boards-literary, art, and business. At the end of the trial period six men each will be elected to the literary and business boards, while the art board will consist of three members.

With only the stipulations that it will steer clear of political issues, the executive committee declares that they have nor formed any policy, preferring to let the new editors guide the course of the revived magazine.

Critical ability as well as facility in writing are criteria for those who seek to join the literary board, it was pointed out, while sketches and line drawings are expected from art board candidates. The Advocate business board will offer its aspirants an opportunity to make the magazine s paying undertaking.