Union Diners Get Fortnight Chance At House Menus

Inter-House dining privileges will be extended to those who eat in the Union for a period of two weeks, beginning next Monday, Dean Leighton announced yesterday. Finding friends who are members of a House will be unnecessary.

Starting next week, students can apply for transfer slips in the Union entitling them to a specific meal in one of the Houses without extra charge.

Previous to this time those who eat in the Union, most of whom are Freshmen, did not have the inter-House privilege. The move was made, however, to acquaint Yardlings with the different Houses, their inmates, and their dining halls. With seven tickets, a Freshman can sample the food at each of the seven Houses.

The plan, which is limited only by the capacity of the House dining halls to feed the increased numbers, will allow each student no more than seven transfers over the two week period. Transfers can be obtained at the checker's desk in the Union during the following hours: 9 to 9:30, 1:30 to 2, 5:15 to 5:30, and 7 to 7:30 o'clock.