No Sweat, No Tears

Though wholesale bloodshed is at an end on most areas of the globe, peacetime accidents and diseases still crop up regularly in all communities, Cambridge included. For the victim of hit-and-run driving or a homorrhagic ailment, a pint of blood, supplied gratis by the State Red Cross is a vital serum which often turns impending death into certain life.

So that every University member and Cambridge resident may have the priceless aid of this liquid life saver when it is needed most, PBH has once more started solicitations for donors to lend the use of a vein for a little while when the Red Cross mobile unit pays a visit on April 10, 11, and 12. The nurses with the needles don't detract from anyone's pocketbook, and the operations leave no harmful after-effects. A few minutes of quiet blood-letting on the part of 300 students and teachers will satisfy the University's responsibility toward meeting a community quotient, which, if reached, will assure every temporary and permanent Cambridge inhabitant of a free quotient of blood if trouble comes.

In making its current appeal, PBH can no longer ask for blood on war-time grounds of glamourized patriotism. These donations will not give on-the-spot aid to the entrenched soldier who has stopped an enemy bullet; but they may very well help out a roommate or a Cambridge schoolboy.