Prowler in Yard Identifies Self as Councilman's Son

Yard police apprehended a prowler in Matthews 2 at 1:30 o'clock yesterday morning, who identified himself, according to occupants of the room, as the son of Michael J. Sullivan, Cambridge City Councilman.

Members of the College police force declined to disclose the name of the captured man and stated that he was not connected with the University. They declared that the case had been turned over to the Cambridge police.

Police Book a Sullivan

Official at the city police station disclosed that a Joseph P. Sullivan had been booked on a charge of drunkeness early yesterday morning, but no link with the College case was definitely established, since the police would give no additional information about the case.

John M. Browder '50, one of the occupants of Matthews 2, reported that he had been awakened by the prowler's noise. He entered the suite's living room and found a Yard policeman detaining the intruder.

When the policeman asked the man to identify himself, he declared that he was the son of Michael J. Sullivan and produced identification cards to support his claim, according to Browder.