Hansen Pitches One-Hitter to Pace '50 to 24-0 Win as Jayvees Divide

Johnny Hansen had himself a field day Saturday as he led the Freshman nine to a 24 to 0 triumph over Boston Latin School. Limiting the visitors to a single hit and walking only three men, he also pounded out four hits in six trips to the plate.

While Hansen was in complete control of the Freshman game, the Jayvees split a pair of contests over the holidays. Wally Turner pitched a neat five-hitter against Nichols Junior College Friday, only to wind up on the short end of a 5 to 4 score as the result of a pair of errors in the ninth inning.

The Jayvees made out better on Saturday as they downed Newton Junior College 10 to 7. The team made only two hits, but one of these, by pitcher Greeley with the bases full, was good for three runs. Three more counters came across the plate when Coach Harper called a successful squeeze with the bases loaded.

Saturday's Yardinig contest was a run-away from the start, as six men crossed the plate in the second, and another big outburst in the fifth produced eight more runs.

Catcher Cliff Crosby, following close behind his batterymate, Hansen, hammered out three safeties in four times at bat. Johnny Chase singled and doubled in three appearances, while Hal Moffie's double and Myles Huntington's triple rounded out the extra-base hitting.