Adams, Kirkland, Eliot Triumph in House Ball Games

Batters worked overtime in yesterday's intramural league contests, as Kirkland defeated Lowell House, 22 to 16, and the Adams Gold Coasters downed Leverett, 21 to 16, in two high-scoring softball games yesterday.

In a more tightly played contest on the baseball diamond, Eliot toppled Dunster, 7 to 2. Unlike the neighboring softball tilts, the sparkling work of the fielders highlighted the game. The Mastadons used two pitchers in holding the Deacons to four hits. Johnny Young starred as the Eliot twirler.

Fielding Sparkles

A pair of swift double-plays by the Elephants wiped out two budding Deacon rallies, and along with them any hopes for victory. While hitting never rose above the ordinary, good steady patroling in the outfield and dazzling infield performances kept Leverett scoring down, while Eliot overcame a two-run deficit to win.

Shaky pitching aided the tasks of batters in the softball contests, with almost as many runs forced across the plate on walks as were batted in. It was only a case of which team could last the longest, and Adams and Kirkland had the most endurance.