College Track Handicap Set For Weekend

14-Event Program Open to All Comers: Prizes Offered

With the opening meet less than two weeks away, the Varsity switched from riverbank to Stadium cinders yesterday and began preparing for the annual University Handicap, listed for this Friday and Saturday. Twice-daily workouts were held during the vacation period.

Coaches Mikkola and Flanagan will roll out the welcome mat this weekend for all undergraduates, graduate students, section men, secretaries, and 'Cliffedwellers who would like to get a little fresh air and maybe win a prize in the bargain.

Friday's Events

Events planned for Friday include the javelin, 16-pound hammer, 16-pound shot, high jump, broad jump, pole vault, and discus. On Saturday the program will feature the 100, 220, 440, 880, mile, two-mile, 120-yard high hurdles and 220-yard low hurdles. No relays will be run. To make sure everybody has an equal chance, handicaps will be assigned by the coaches.

All entries must be submitted to Varsity Track Manager George Caploe at the Track Room in Dillon Field House by 5 o'clock Thursday afternoon. Only shorts and sneakers are needed for non-track-team competitors, and the winner in each event will be awarded an appropriate prize. Starting times will be announced later.