Samborski, House Secretaries Meet Today to Plan Spring Intramurals

Tentative Slate Includes Crew, Baseball, Softball, Golf, and Tennis: Three Cups Offered

Houses intramural secretaries will counter with Adolph W. Samborski, director of intramural athletics, in an organizational meeting today in the Indoor Athletic Building to work out schedules for the spring Inter-House competition.

Five teams will represent each House when the season gets underway next week. There will be competition in rowing, tennis, baseball, golf, and softball, with the Agassiz Crew Cup, the C. C. Pell Tennis Bowl, and the McCall Trophy in baseball awaiting the victors in those sports.

This afternoon's meeting will not only lay out the schedules, but will also attack the problem of determining the manner in which the tournaments will be run off.

Handball, Softball Tournaments

Softball championships have been decided in the past through a round-robin system, making use of three available fields. Hardball facilities, now limited to one field, may necessitate a straight elimination playoff. At present it appears that the usual round robin tourney will be possible only if the Freshman diamond is also available part of the time.

Each House will put its own shell on the river in competition for the Agassiz Trophy, but only a few will have their own launches. Coaches for several of the crews are drawn from tutors in residence at the Houses.

Courses for House golfers must be found before the meeting adjourns this afternoon. The rest of the week will be devoted to organization and practice by the Houses before competition opens next week.