Eliot Appears Tomorrow in Sanders Talk

Postponed Reading by Noted Poet will Be Broadcast to New Lecture Hall Audience

T. S. Eliot '10, prominent American-born poet whose Morris Gray poetry reading last Wednesday had to e postponed, has rescheduled the reading for 4:30 o'clock tomorrow afternoon in Sanders Theatre.

In case of an overflow crowd at the lecture, Eliot's talk will be piped by loud-speaker into New Lecture Hall, so that those unable to jam into the Memorial Hall theatre will still be able to hear the poet.

Eliot's lecture, originally scheduled for last week, had to be put off at the last moment because of the death of his brother, Henry W. Eliot '02. Earlier in the week, T. S. Eliot, who has become a British citizen and has lived in England most of his life, gave a reading at Wellesley.

Gray Fund Sponsors Talk

Tomorrow's talk, which will constitute Eliot's only public appearance at the University during the current year, is under the auspices of the Morris Gray Poetry Fund, established in 1929 by Morris Gray '77.

Under the terms of the gift, income from the $40,000 grant is "to be applied to the purchase of books and the giving of occasional talks on current modern poetry."

Three over poets--Robert Frost, Wallace Stevens, and John Clardi--have given readings under the fund's sponsorship during the past two terms.