Lining Them Up

Spring Crews

Showing a considerable improvement over last year's teams, the House sport squads have already developed and competed enough in the two short weeks since game began to reveal the strength of the different Houses.

Due for a close fight for its perennial supremacy in the House league, the Winthrop hockey men will have to work hard to dispel the threat of Adams hard skating sextet. Although statistically the Puritans have an edge, having beaten Eliot 6-1 after a 4 to 2 victory by the Goldcoasters over the same men, the outcome of the race is still very much in doubt.

A victory for Adams would be a great blow for the Puritans, with their undefeated record of many years standing and victories over Yale in '41 and '40. The mainstay of both squads' attack is speed, the paramount consideration in the House league, where organization is seldom good because of the dearth of practice time.

All three forwards and both defense men on the Puritan sextet share scoring honors. The present lineup is Art Lee, Bill Butcher, and Stan Collinson in the front line, with Jim Aldrich, John Abbot, and Warren Karteusen vying for the two spots behind them. For the Gold Coasters Braley Cameron leads the scoring with the assistance of the forward line of Bill Hamlen and football captain Don Forte.