Havelock Bandit Nabbed, to Face Victim in Court

Eric A. Havelock, visiting lecturer in Classics, will appear in the Third District Court of Cambridge this morning to testify against Gordon B. Farrell, 19, an exmarine, as the man who held him up at gun point in his Leverett J-22 room last Thursday night.

According to his confession won by police, Farrell forced his way into the second story room and forced the exchange lecturer from the University of Toronto to strip. He then ransacked the apartment, and succeeded in making off with $35 in cash, an unmatched pair of shoes, and Havelock's watch.

Speedy Arrest

Arrested the following day at the corner of Bay and Franklin Streets while attempting to sell the stolen timepiece, Farrell tossed it down a sewer when approached by police officers. Efforts at recovery have proved fruitless.

Havelock's permanent appointment here as an associate professor becomes effective July 1. "I am giving up my old position at Toronto despite this little episode," he said last night.

Havelock recalled that his assailant, armed with a foreign make pistol, looked inexperienced. "He kept waving that gun around frantically," Havelock commented, "explaining that he had a wife and kids and that a Harvard man could afford any loss."