Ex-Teacher Here Will Give Talks on Germany's Mind

Undergraduates in Social Relations courses and members of graduate seminars will hear an unscheduled exposition of the German psychology next week when William Hermanns, a visiting lecturer here from 1940 to 1943, returns to Cambridge for a week of "reaching the youth of America" before sailing for Europe.

Hermanns, who is now a professor of languages at California State College at San Jose, delivered what were among the earliest anti-Vichy talks in this country while at Harvard in the summer of 1943.

Appear at Houses

The current series of talks, which Harmanns expects will include appearances at several Houses and possibly a meeting of the Liberal Union, will probably be sponsored in the Department of Social Relations by Talcott Parsons, professor of Sociology, he said last night.

A soldier in the German Army during the first world war, Hermanns has since worked extensively abroad on world peace projects. He will leave the country at the end of the week for Europe where a study of the rehabilitation problems of the German people will take him back to his native land.