H.A.A. Allows Gym's Use on 3 Trial Days

Council Petition Brings Grant Of Experimental Period for Students to Indicate Interest

In response to a petition by the Student Council, the Indoor Athletic Building will be kept open on three Saturdays in the next month to test the advisability of the H.A.A.'s recent decision to close it on that day during the summer, Carroll F. Getchell, H.A.A. official, announced yesterday.

Tomorrow, July 12 and 19, from 10 to 1 o'clock, the students who complained to the Student Council, as well as any others who hope to use the building on Saturdays during the summer, will have a chance to demonstrate that the closing is not warranted by any lack of student interest.

Two Lonely Students

While the Indoor Athletic Building has remained open on Saturday during the last three summer terms, attendance has been poor, running as low as two students one morning, a Student Council spokesman said. It is for this reason that the H.A.A. decided to close the building this summer.

The protest that had arisen since this policy was put into effect, however, has been great enough to move the Council to petition the H.A.A. In reply, Getchell agreed to test by means of three experimental days the probably use of the building during the remaining summer Saturdays.