Albanian Issue Argued

Russian-Sponsored Country May Have Rough Sledding In U.N. Membership Fight

LAKE SUCCESS, July 21--Four great powers, disagreeing sharply with Russia, expressed "grave" doubts today about admitting Soviet-sponsored Albania to the United Nations.

Principles laid down by delegates at a meeting of the membership committee of the United Nations Security Council indicated that the applications of Albania and eight other countries would have rough sledding, with no present assurance that any would be accepted.

Other U.N. developments:

1. In the Economic and Social Council, Soviet Russia successfully defended Hungary against a Cuban attempt to put the present Communist-dominated government of Hungary into the "undemocratic class in which the U.N. has put Franco Spain. The Council by 10 to 1 vote, with the United States abstaining, approved Hungary's application for membership in the U.N. Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO).

2. Frederick H Osborn, United States Deputy on the Atomic Energy Commission, said in the commission's political committee that an overall plan for quotas for source material, nuclear fuel and dangerous facilities should be written into an atomic control treaty. He thus agreed partly with Soviet Russia on a quota system but the U.S. and Russia still do not see eye-to-eye on international or national ownership of atomic facilities and materials.