HLU Will Open Term's Activities Monday Evening

The Harvard Liberal Union will begin its summer term activities Monday evening at 7:30 o'clock in the Kirkland House Common Room with a discussion of "What Can Be Done with the Germans," it was announced yesterday by Allan Barton '45, HLU spokesman.

Taking part in the discussion will be William Hermanns, professor of modern languages at San Jose State College, Cal., and Donald V. McGranahan, lecturer on social psychology at Harvard.

Business to be Done

Barton has also scheduled a financial report and a general survey of projects under consideration by the HLU as part of its summer program. Prominent among these is the publishing of a special issue of the Progressive, liberal student magazine, for distribution at the National Students Organization convention in Madison late next month.

"You can't talk to people who won't realize their own guilt," Hermanns claimed yesterday, asserting that the German people will only be able to "save themselves through themselves." He said the German mind cannot be healed by "administering to the people."