Security Council Members Split Over Anglo-Egyptian Nile Dispute; Greek Leaders Attempt Coalition

The first crucial test of U.N. power in months took more definite shape-yesterday, as the 11 nations of the Security Council jockeyed for positions on the Anglo-Egyptian dispute over the presence of British troops on the Nile River. Two Egyptian demonstrators, who previously had disturbed the Council's sessions, were barred from further proceedings by Secretary-General Trygve Lie.

Hope for an end to the confusion which has engulfed the Greek government since Saturday appeared yesterday when Premier-designate Constantin Tsaldaris agreed to meet with other ministers of the recently-resigned cabinet on the possibility of forming a coalition cabinet to be headed by a neutral premier. Meanwhile, in the north, guerilla forces claimed the "liberation" of 100 more villages.

Two real estate boards operating in the District of Columbia were indicted by a Federal Grand Jury yesterday on charges of fixing commission rates for real estate dealers in Washington. The charges followed 15 days after Attorney General Clark's directive to the Department of Justice to seek out and prosecute conspiracies to boost the cost of food, clothing, and housing.

Charged with fostering an "economic spy system" for Adolf Hitler, 22 directors of the billion dollar I. C. Farben chemical trust went on trial for war crimes yesterday at Nuernberg, Germany. The Farbon officials heard the U.S. prosecution assert that they had fostered Hitler's war aims, cagerly exploited slave labor, and waged aggressive war from their laboratories.

The weather: Fair today, with the highest temperatures in the middle 70's.