Gate Forecast Of 7500 Shifts Wallace Talk

AVC Moves Rostrum To Baseball Stands

Former Vice President Henry A. Wallace will deliver his address to the American Veterans Committee, forum next Wednesday from the baseball diamond at Soldiers Field, chapter chairman Stanley G. Karson '48 said yesterday.

Originally scheduled for the less-spacious Sanders Theater, the forum has been moved to the outdoor site to make room for an estimated 7500 persons. Although 3000 tickets have been received to date, the AVC expects the sale next week to double this total at least.

Wallace will be preceded on the platform by Provost Buck, and by Karson, who will introduce him. Although Karson could not say what Wallace's speech would cover, he said "It is a safe assumption that it will be a very significant speech."

Receipts to Carlson Fund

Seventy five percent of the proceeds of the meeting will be devoted to the AVC's Evans Carlson Memorial Fund and will be used for promoting "the international exchange of students."

Wednesday's meeting is the first of a series of AVC forums, which will run through the fall term. For them it has already lined up such prominent speakers as Harold Stassen, Senator Wayne Morris, Mrs. Franklin D. Roosevelt, and General Dwight Eisenhower.

Unlike Wednesday's program, the remainder of the series will be held at Sanders Theatre, with outdoor appearances the exception rather than the rule. Tickets for Wednesday's and all future programs will be on sale at Phillips Brooks House.

The Evans Carlson Memorial Fund was founded in honor of the leader of the famed "Carlson's Raiders" and former member of AVC who died last June.