Quintet Invades Cornell Tomorrow; Trackmen in Triangular Meet Here

Tufts, Northeastern Provide Opposition

Jaakko Mikkola will get another chance to check his team's pulse tomorrow afternoon when Tufts and Northeastern hit the Briggs Cage cinders for a practice meet with the Crimson. Starting time in 1:30 o'clock.

Of the 120-plus athletes who will compete tomorrow, there are four men whose names may mean more than the others to most spectators. They are Ted Vogel and Ed Palmieri of Tufts, and Sam Felton and Dick Barwise of the Crimson.

Vogel versus Gurley

Vogel seems like a hure thing to represent this country at London next summer in the marathon. He'll run the mile against Captain Frank Gurley tomorrow. Palmieri, who is gunning for a 440-yard hurdles berth on the Olympic team, will meet Dave Hamblett and Jim Wheeler of the Crimson in the 600. "This should be a very interesting race," Coach Mikkola predicted yesterday.

Weightman Sam Felton also has his eye on the Olympic team. He heads a Varsity beoftrust that is virtually unbeatable. Since tomorrow's meet will be informal Freshmen are eligible to compete. Outstanding among the Crimson Freshmen is high jumper Dick Barwise, who cleared six-three at St. Marks.

Watch Fobert, Willette

Elsewhere, the men to watch tomorrow are Ruby Fobert (Tufts) in the broad jump, Warren Willette (Northeastern) in the high jump, Bill Lawrence and Gene Lockett (Harvard) in the pole vault, and big Geoffrey Tootell (Harvard) in the shot.