Army Loses, 3-0 To Soccer Team

After two hours of bruising play on West Point's soccer field, the varsity booters emerged walk a 3 to 0 shutout over the Cadets yesterday afternoon. It was the second win of the season for the Crimson.

The first score came at the start of the second periods when center forward Hans Estin tapped in a tally during a melee in front of the Army goal mouth. Captain Phil Potter sank a penalty shot seconds after the second half opened when an Army fullback touched the ball with his hands. The final Crimson score came on a glittering kick by Estin which barely eluded the Army goalie.

The Cadets traditionally play a rough brand of soccer, usually going for the man rather than the ball. The Crimson was ready for them this time, however, and as a result Amry was hard hit by injuries.

The Army captain was helped off the field by his mates with a badly sprained ankle. Minutes later, the Cadet goaltender was likewise assisted from the game with a bad ankle. Finally, a 200-pound Army fullback was lugged away with a wrenched knee.