Winthrop Blanks Dudley as Lowell Edges by Adams

Winthrop neatly dumped a hard-playing Dudley line and secondary onto the soldiers Field turf yesterday and then roller arrogantly over them for a 24 to 0 shutout, the Puritans' second straight win of the season.

In the other House game, Lowell filched a 6-0 victory from Adams.

After the early loss of lift-half Dave Roos with a broken log, Winthrop House would not be stopped. The Puritan offense looked like a rototiller raging through soft, Indiana soil, with the Winthrop backs bucking the center and sweeping the ends past blocked and seated Commuter defenders.

Aloian Scores First

Dave Aloian dove over the chalk for the first Winthrop score. The second Puritan tally was made from their own 30 yard line, with Harvey Thayer escorted by his blockers through the Dudley defense for 70 yards to enter the end zone. Bob Cameron ran over the last two puritan touchdowns.

Across the sidelines, the Bellboys held a teetering victory intact for two quarters to gain their first win, 6 to 0. Roger Wales scored the only touchdown on a 60-yard punt return. Adams nearly tied the game up in the fourth quarter, when they took the ball with first and goal to go on the Lowell two. The Bellboy line stiffened to bottle the Adams line-bucking T, however, and held the Goldcoasters for downs.

Kirkland is now in a virtual tie for first place with Eliot and Winthrop, each team sporting an unblemished 2-0 record. Dudley and Lowell are tied for second place, each having won one and lost one, while Adams, Dunster, and Leverett are still looking for their first victories.