Leaflet for SAC Pledged $700 on Drive's First Day

Seven-hundred dollars of $1500 needed to send 40,000 alumni a brochure protesting a Memorial Church plaque as a war memorial was raised today by the Student Council, the Crimson Key Society, and the eight House Committees.

Every undergraduate organization, from social clubs to athletic teams will be solicited before the campaign ends. Up to now, only half of the 70 groups have made a definite reply.

Six of the eight House Committees have contributed a total of $150, while the Council has made out its check for $250. The other two House Committees will probably vote on a contribution today.

Other organizations which have pledged support include the U.N. Council, the Liberal Union, the Free Enterprise Society, and the Network.

The Alumni Committee for SAC will draw up and sign the brochure, which sponsors hope, will arouse Alumni sentiment against the plaque and for a Student Activities Center in time for the meeting of the Associated Harvard Clubs' executive board November 19.

The sponsoring groups said Monday that they hoped for all contributions by tonight.