Course Starts Today to Gird U. S. for War

Economic mobilization in case of a third world war will be studied in a new Business School course which begins today at 9 a.m. in Baker Hall.

More than 200 Reserve officers of the Army, Navy, and Air Forces, plus selected executives of industry and education, are enrolled in the two-week course, officially titled the Economic Mobilization Course for Reserve Officers.

Sessions will deal with the policies, management procedures, and industrial techniques by which the potential industrial power of the United States may be coordinated. They are aimed to help men who will have trouble procuring men and materials in case of an emergency.

Overall Mobilization

The course stresses the fact that economic mobilization includes not only the problems of industry, but also those of finance, science, manpower, and natural resources.

The Seminar is an abridged version of a 10-month course given at the Industrial College of the Armed Forces in Washington and is similar to courses now being given in other major industrial centers of the country.

Stanley F. Teele, associate dean of the Business School, will open the first session.

The 65 Army and Air Force Reserve Officers and the nearly 60 Naval Reserve Officers enrolled in the course are officers whose assignments in any future national emergency will be at the policy-making level.