A seven-girl team of Radcliffe commuters with a banjo and an 11-stanza ditty set to the tune of "Hair of Gold" won the second annual Song Contest at the Annex Quadrangle last night. They will keep the prize--a silver loving cup--for one year.
"Commuters--1948" will be engraved on the cup, which the group won from Harvard Hall, last year's victors. The trophy will be on display in Agassiz House until next fall.
Honorable mention went to Eliot Hall's singers, who fitted their lyrics to Trinidad-type calypso music, and to Barnard Hall. Judges of the song-fest were Dean Mildred P. Sherman, Barbara Connolly '49, president of the Annex Choral Society, and William P. Russell, assistant director of Choral.
Half the Harvard Band, the Krocodiloes, and the "Hungry Five" turned up and supplied background music for the singers.