Kenary, Noonan Strike Mark in Passing Drill

Crimson Arms for Tiger

By Steve Cady

Intensive passing drills dominated yesterday's football practice at Soldiers Field, as the Crimson reached the "belt-buckle" stage of preparation for Saturday's Princeton game.

Tallbacks Jim Noonan, Phil Bolster, and Jim Kenary were hitting their targets consistently, with Kenary looking particularly effective. The Worcester boy now appears to be recovered from an injury that has hampered him this fall, and he may make his 1948 doubt as a passer in Palmer Stadium.

Weak on Defense

Defensively, the outlook yesterday wasn't bright. In a 30-minute scrimmage against the Varsity, Bon McCabe's Jayvees, equipped with Princeton's single-wing, pushed for considerable yardage. And although their white jerseys were numbered the same as Princeton's, the Jayvees hardly operated with the finesse the Tigers will show Saturday.

McCabe, who has scouted Princeton for the past three Saturdays, says the Tigers are improving each week.

"In the first period against Virginia last Saturday," he reported yesterday, "they scored twice on good sustained drives." He added that the Tiger backs looked alert and fast, particularly halfback George Sella.

To make room for hour exam schedules, the Varsity will practice in the Cage tonight from 7 to 9 p.m.