Soccer Unit Plays Tiger

Somewhat deflated by its unfortunate experience with Navy, the Varsity soccer team attempts to restore its early season etc this afternoon at Princeton. Last week's loss to Navy was the first in five games for the booters, but Coach Bruce Munro feels that today's contest with set the pattern for the rest of the schedule.

Traditionally one of the best soccer teams in the Middle Atlantic territory, Princeton apparently is not so good this reason, having lost three Ivy League games including one to Iowly Brown, Tiger veterans, however, would like to right what they consider was a Cambridge wrong last year.

The Tigers' Revenge

A year ago the Orange and Black lost to the Crimson, 2 to 1, as the Crimson scored both of its goals on penalty kicks, both of which were vigorously disputed.

Princeton plays approximately the same kind of ball as Dartmouth: a hard-running fast game featuring long passes to the wings. Although they posses more control than the Dartmouths, the Tigers, according to rumors filtering in from Nassau, have lost considerable wind in weekend debauches.

For the first this year, Munro may be seriously troubled by injuries, for both his fullbacks may not last the game because of injured legs. In addition, second string goalie Don Harshman is out with a broken finger and a reserve halfback, Jim Bell, has a dislocated shoulder.

Aside from the injuries, the Crimson appears to be in better shape for this week's game than it was for Navy. Practices went better during the last few days and players were occasionally working as a team.