Dance Committee Enriches Houses By Profits Split

Seven House treasuries are richer by $417.78 today after the splitting of football weekend dance profits by the Inter House Dance Committee last night.

The organization also set up a four-man sub-committee to propose new agreements with Housemasters to avoid the overcrowding of the Yale week end.

Many complaints were received from the many people unable to buy tickets at the door.

Plan to Avoid Overcrowding

Recommendations submitted last night included proposals to allow each House more than the present quota of three open dances during the season and to permit the committee to recognize an extra dance for the Yale weekend if an oversized crowd seems inevitable.

The session also advanced two additional suggestions as amendments to the Committee's constitution for compulsory profit splitting and for interchangeability of tickets for all fall dances.

Adams, Dunster, and Leverett committeemen announced plans for using their shares of the season's profits to buy television sets for their common rooms.

Lowell House is using its profits to cut expenses for its closed Christmas dinner and formal on Saturday, Dec. 11.