Free Enterprisers Change Policy, Junk Idealism, seek Practicality

Plan Probes to Show New Deal? Dangers

W. Jarvis Moody '50, president of the Free Enterprise Society, announced yesterday a "shifting of emphasis" in the purpose of his organization.

Instead of concentrating on combating communism and socialism on an ideological level." he said. "We're going to present practical investigations of our present day economy which will show the dangers of New Dealism, planned economy, and paternalistic government."

The society plans to have prominent businessmen speak and to hold receptions for them. Moody explained that students would be able to learn of opportunities for jobs in various; businesses and to meet men who can help them to good positions. He added that some speakers will give practical advice on how to invest money on the stock market and reveal stock trends.

"The program will be made possible largely by the many contributions we have received from people and companies interested in the society." Moody explained. He declined to disclose the names of the donors and the sizes of their contribution.

The society also plans to invite men "prominent in labor and government" to speak.