Crimson Key May Sponsor Spring Dance

Group Meets Tonight To Map Plans

Proposals for a College-Wide dance will head the agenda when Crimson Key executives meet tonight to map the fledging group's policy for the winter and spring.

In its meeting at 7:45 p.m. in the Leverett House Junior Common Room, the group will analyze its all program and discuss plans for future activities.

The dance, if approved, would take place next spring, other items scheduled for discussion are committee reports on the group's work during fall football weekends and the election of new members from among the candidates who have been competing for membership in the society.

Won't Hurt Jubilee

Should the Key vote to go ahead with plans for the dance, it will take care not to conflict with the Freshman Jubilee, which customarily takes place at the beginning of May, Key President Gerald. Genn '48 said yesterday.

The Crimson Key was formed last year to cope with the problem of visiting teams and students from other colleges, and to attempt to unify the activities which student groups undertake in connection with athletic events.

Its membership includes representative from the Houses, athletic managers, teams, the Student Council and the Union Committee.

The Key's first act last year was to arrange for the broadcast of a regatta on the Charles to those lining the banks of the river watching the event.

This fall the Key greeted visiting teams, glee clubs, and guests of the University in its first large-scale effort. According to Genn, the program was "very successful; it's been like touching things and seeing them turn to gold."