Varsity Skates Against Brown On Arena Rink

Chase Seeks Second

By Douglas M. Fouquet

John Chase's Crimson hockey team plays a largely sophomore Brown and at the Arena tonight and stands a good chance of skating off with its second triumph in three starts. Face-of time is 9 p.m.

Although Coach Chase will not pick a winner in advance, the varsity will probably take the ice a slight favorite, since the Bears do not have the Crimson's experience. The best they could do Monday night against BC was to walk away on the low end of a 5 to 1 score.

However, the varsity will have to watch out for Brown's Don Whiston, one of the better goalies in New England, and for a number of good Bruin linemen, among them two fast-skating Canadian--sophomores Johnny Casey and Tony Malo. Last year as freshmen, these two men had a big part in a 5 to 4 win that stopped a seven-game victory streak of the '51 Yardlings.

Chase Starts in Nets

Johnny Chase (no relation to Coach Chase) will again be starting at goal for Harvard. He played only one period of Saturday's 16 to 8 conquest of MIT. But Bill Yetman and two others are still in the running for that position, and Coach and Chase says "it may be the end of the season before I know who my regular goalie is."

Elsewhere, Chase will stick to Saturday's lineup, except that in the third forward wall, sophomore Jee Kitteredge will replace Larry Ward as center. Chase says he is please with the progress of the John Garrity-Dave Key-Jack Carman first line that scored six goals in the MIT game.

Freshmen Scrimmage Today

Stan Priddy's freshman team will also see action today in the scrimmage against Andover that is listed for 2 p.m. at the Arena. The Yardlings were very impressive in their previous one outing, an informal Scrimmage last week with Somerville High.

Tonight's varsity lineup: Chase 5; Coulter, ld; Greeley rd; Carman, If; D. Key, c; Garrity, rf.