Bostonians Hear Bank, Glee Club

The Band and Glee Club will stage a free Christmas concert for the people of Boston in Sanders Theater at 7:30 p.m. next Wednesday.

The two groups will play to a capacity audience. After a notice of the concert was sent out to 65 social agencies this month applications began pouring in. N. Conant Webb, Jr. '49, and Christopher M. Martin '49, who are directing ticket distribution, announced that 1,100 free tickets had been given out Over 500 had to be turned away.

1200 Present

Boston's settlement houses and community centers have handed out the tickets to their members and to other persons. 1,200 children and adults will be present. 100 seats are reserved for the settlement groups that are led by Harvard and Radcliffe volunteer workers.

Christmas carols, marches, football songs, folksongs, and ballads will make up the two-hour program of familiar numbers. The Band probably will not repeat the numbers played at the recent "Drumbeats and song" concert.

Malcoim H. Holmes '28 will conduct the Band. William Russell 4G will direct the Glee Club. For this concert, the Band will have 90 pieces, and the Glee Club will consist of 50 men.

A decision to exclude children under 13 was made so that all who attend the performance will be able to hear and enjoy the music.