Salzburg's Book Drive Reaches Climax Today

Solicitors Will Cover Houses, Dorms

Student canvassers will start combing College entries today for books and clothing, as the Student Council-Phillips Brooks House sponsored drive for contributions to the Salzburg Rest Home and Western Europe enters its second week.

Alfred Pugliese '49 and William S. Campbell '50, co-chairman of the campaign announced at a weekly Council meeting last night that the drive leaders will welcome texts on American literature and government for the odification of European students.

From Salzburg, all books and clothing will be shipped to needy students in other parts of Europe.

Students of 15 countries who attended the Salzburg Seminar last summer are currently advising the Rest Home on allocation of the supplies by means of continued correspondence.

In a simultaneous campaign for contributions to Polish universities, Lowell House has amassed 260 books, 106 magazines, and 61 pieces of clothing, Robert E. Evans '46, co-chairman of the House's drive, stated yesterday.

The Council also heard reports last night from the College's delegation to the National Student Association regional conference last weekend. After criticism of NSA operational procedure had been voiced by the delegates, the Council set up two committees to:

1) Nominate all future College NSA delegates,

2) Study time-wasting procedures of the regional organization.

Approval of the constitution for a new College Social Affairs Committee came from the Council.

This group would unite House and Freshmen dance chairmen, but must receive Dean's Office and House Committee approval before it functions.