Slashing Dartmouth Sextet Downs Outmanned Crimson by 10-5 Count

But for the heroie work of Bill Yetman in the nets last night, Dartmouth's powerhouse on ice might have run the score up to three figures in downing the Crimson, but 40 sensational saves plus a fighting if outclassed Harvard team limited the Big Green to a 10 to 5 win.

Once more it was a case of being overpowered in the opening minutes and never recovering from the initial blow. Dartmouth sank four of its total in the first ten minutes, before the Crimson adjusted itself to the fantastic speed and precision teamwork of the Riley-Morriam-Riley line.

After that, Yetman began to get some help from his defense. The forwards took the cue and played with increasing intensity and success. The second period was the Crimson's right down to the last thirty seconds, when Bill Riley and Merriam went into action to sink two quick ones and cinch the game.

Part of the Crimson's mid-game success was due to recurring Dartmouth penalties which kept the Indians short-handed for most of the stanza. Illnatured Mike Thayer led the offenders in this department, languishing in the penalty box for 14 minutes, ten of them for armed assault on the referee.

Despite all this, the Varsity was probably playing its best hockey of the season, and with a few more breaks might have turned the game into a con test once they got started. But Dartmouth held the edge in every department and superior speed and stick work kept them in control most of the time. Hockey Summary DARTMOUTH  HARVARD Riley, J.  lw  Sears Merriam  c  Key Riley, W.  rw  McKean Campbell  ld  Washburn Thayer  rd  Greeley Desmond  g  Yetman

Harvard spares: Abbot, Moseley, Minot, Allen, Ward, Huntington, Coulter, Fletcher.

Dartmouth spares: Amirault, Oss, Crowly, Taylor, Kerivan, Kilmartin, Gray, Malone, Richmond, Magoon.

Goals: First Period--Amirault, (Kerivan), 5:30; Merriam (W. Riley), 7:40; (Oss, Malone), 9:12; Crowley (Oss, Malone), 9:32; Moseley (Abbot), 17:43; W. Riley (J. Riley), 19:48.

Second Period--Moseley (Huntington), 2:51; Key (McKean, Sears), 4:48; Kerivan (Amirault, Taylor), 15:35; Sears (Coulter), 17:19; W. Riley (unassisted), 19:31; Merriam (Campbell), 19:59.

Third Period--Malone (Oss), 8:10; W. Riley (J. Riley), 10:08; Sears (McKean), 19:20.