Gridiron Stars Complete Passes in Unorthodox Post-Season Workouts

'No Lamb I,' Protests Passionate Gannon

Harvard may have no football coach, but a pilot lack has not kept the Crimson line-up from doing a little off-season scrimmaging. Chip Gannon, 180-pound wingback, muscled his way onto the floor of the Hotel Somerset's Balinese Room Thursday night and into the arms of Betty Anne Grove, 100-pound chanteuse.

Uncovered in the official gridiron rules book, the shift occured after the singer's publicized remark that "All over the country men are wolves; only in Boston do they behave like lambs."

Armed with two willing assistants, basketballer Bill Henry and Ernie Mannino, who professes baseball, Gannon waved a series of placards from his ringside table as Miss Grove attempted to pursue her regular program.

"Do we look like lambs?" queried the first poster. This eminently polite question was followed by another which brought a slight grin to the songster's face and a minor quaver to her clear, bell-like tones.

"Boston's jot-propelled lambs," chortled the second propaganda missle. To back this up, the trio whipped off their jackets, rolled up their sleeves, and lunged onto the floor.

In no time at all, three reporters and a couple of photographers clustered around the little tableau, and Gannon flipped the diminutive lady into his arms as a coincidental flashbulb recorded the scene for posterity.

At this point she murmured shyly (it says here), "Harvard men have so much savoir faire.