Unbeaten Varsity Wrestlers Dispel Pre-Season Fears

When the big Grey of Army plays host to the varsity wrestling team this Saturday, it will be matching tangling techniques with an initially mediocre Crimson octet, which has muscled its way into an unbeaten record and a fair chance of pinning down the eastern championships.

Chief Boston started the season with a top heavy team. With no one at 121, a 123 lb, class loaded with impotence, and nobody, startling in 136, the future looked gloomy.

A good bite of that future, however, has been successfully digested, and the rest of the season, except for highly-seasoned Army, is on the platter.

Coombs High Scorer

Dave Coombs, new to the top floor of the black house, has shouldered the lightweight load and carried it far, pinning his three opponents for the high score, and only perfect record, of the season.

Harry King surprised his way into the 136 class after the Tech opener and has taken two easy decision. Only the 138 position remains in doubt among the light-weight, with three men battling for the permanent starting slot.