Defunct Since 1942, Summer School Rallies

Another step in the University's "return to normaley" program will come in June with the resumption of the co-educational summer school, out of existence since 1942 when the College adopted its wartime three-terms-a-year schedule.

Over 150 graduate and undergraduate courses, to be given by a University faculty and "prominent educators from other schools," are planned for the coming eight-week term, George W. Adams, director of the summer school, announced yesterday. The semester opens June 28, with students allowed a maximum of two half-courses.

Varied Enrollment

Any secondary school graduate, male or female, who wants to do college work over the vacation, can enter the School, Adams disclosed, "We are making special efforts to attract students from other top-rank colleges, which do not have summer schools, but courses will be strictly on the Harvard level."

Past summer schools have been made up of a majority of older men and women, out of college, who 'return to school to take Harvard courses for the first time," Adams stated. "However, this term, we expect the great preponderance to be students of the University, especially veterans, who want either to accelerate or to make up failed courses."