PBH, No Vampire but Out for Blood, Seeks Feminine Pulse-Encouragers

Ferreting through the hard pressed staffs of Boston hospitals for a reserve supply of pulse-quickeners in nurse's garb, Summer J. Chertok '48 and Frederic M. Fialkow '51, co-chairmen of the PBH blood committee, issued a frantic plea to donors last night to keep "hands-off" policy with the nurses in the blood drive starting Thursday, March 4.

In the last drive, Edward T. Kenyon '50 was vampired for an extra pint while another student vamped one of the female blood-letters on Memorial Hall steps. Kenyon quickly restored his internal liquid supply at a local beer emporium, but admitted that it was a trying experience.

"The worst of it was that I couldn't enjoy the staff's medical talents myself because of acute dehydration." Kenyon explained bemusedly last night. "Its extremely encouraging to discover, however, that red blood flows in your veins," he added.

PBH is attempting to get in a reserve supply of nurses to stem any danger of a recurrence of the situation. Acquiring nurses who will both quicken the Crimson flow and take blood safely and efficiently is no easy task, however, according to Fialkow.

In spite of the nurse situation, the blood committee is instigating an intensive drive for more pledges. The fall campaign fell short of its 200 man quota with 186 pints. The committee hopes to fill the deficit with an overflow haul during this drive, although only 80 sigaces are now registered.

The blood will be added to the Cambridge quota to assure free transfusions for Cambridge needy and for relatives of all donors, no matter where they live.