Dunster, Leverett, Eliot Triumph in Court Skirmishes

Dunster, Leverett, and Eliot pulled victories out of the intramural House basketball hat last night while Adams knocked off Dudley, 5 to 2, in the only hockey game of the day.

The Elephants registered the most decisive triumph of the evening as they bombarded Adams with a 71 to 24 score. By virtue of the win, Eliot pulled ahead of Dudley into fourth place in the loop standings.

Racking up their second victory of the campaign, the Bunny quintet climbed out of the league cellar. Kirkland, which sustained a 34 to 27 loss to Leverett, slid to the bottom rung of the court ladder. The teams were even at 16-all at the half-time intermission but the victors, paced by Bucky Thorn's ten points, moved ahead as the second period got under way and coasted in.

In the remaining contest, second-place Dunster topped the Bellboys, 38 to 35. Idle Winthrop still rules the league with nine wins and a clear slate in the loss column. The Funsters sported a 22 to 14 advantage at the half and, although the losers rallied in the second frame, Lowell was unable to overcome the lead. Basketball Standings     Won  Lost WINTHROP  9  0 DUNSTER  9  1 LOWELL  7  4 ELIOT  6  5 DUDLEY  5  5 KIRKLAND  2  8 LEVERETT  2  9 ADAMS  1  9