Mikolajczyk Requests Nation to Stand by Eastern Europe

Complete Soviet domination of the entire Continent would be the ultimate result of a United States decision to stop fighting Communism in eastern Europe, Staniclaw Mikolajczyk, former Polish premier, told an overflow crowd last night at the New Lecture Hall.

Speaking before a meeting sponsored by the United Nations Council, Mikolajczyk, who recently escaped from Poland, asserted that limiting America's anti-communist efforts to western Europe would enable Russia to wreck the traditional balance of power, as "the first step on her march toward spreading communism over the entire world."

Calls for Action

America must act in behalf of eastern Europe, "in order to keep up the morale of the people behind the iron curtain who are continually resisting Soviet domination," he declared. "Those people must be made to feel they are not forgotten, and that the promised Four Freedoms will some day come to them."

Mikolajczyk devoted the major part of his address to a bitter attack on the present Communist-dominated government bloc in Poland, which has "already made the state sole employer and property owner, as a prelude to complete Communism."