Glee Club, Choral Join Tomorrow To Sing Handel, Thompson Works

Glee Club white ties and Radcliffe Choral formal gowns will get their last look at Sanders Theater tomorrow and Wednesday nights when the two societies join forces to present a program of Handel and Randall Thompson in the annual Sanders Concert.

The combined chorus of nearly 200 will be joined by Adele Addison, young Negro soprano, and Paul Tibbetts '45, bass, who are to sing the solo parts in "L'Allegro" and "II Penserose," the two selections by Handel, G. Wallace Woodworth '24, director of the groups, will conduct the concert.

Following these opening selections, the chorus will sing two works by Randall Thompson, young American composer.

Thompson to Be Here

The "Alleinia" was commissioned for the opening of the Berkshire Music Center in 1940, and was conducted at that time by Professor Woodworth. Composer Thompson, who will be in Cambridge for tomorrow's concert, wrote this piece in less than two weeks, and it was rehearsed only once before its premiere.

Mies Addison, a vivacious young artist from Springfield, has had considerable experience on the concert and opera stage. She spent last summer under Beris Goldovshy at Tanglewood, and has made various appearances this winter.