Puritan Five Ties For League Lead

Winthrop's quintet oozed back into a first place tie with Dunster in the intramural leagues last night with a 46 to 44 triumph over Lowell, while Kirkland toppied Eliot 45 to 41 in a foul-fraught fracas.

Dunster had basked in a half-game lead for 24 hours when it trampled Adams, 69 to 29, Monday night. Well-coordinated and in the lead for most of last night's game, the Bellboys were unable to prevent Winthrop from equalling Dunster's 10 and 1 section total.

In another close one, Dudley got one basket too many for Leverett in a 33 to 31 brawl.

Eliot Victorious on Ice

Meanwhile, Eliot's sextet scored five times in the first period to trounce Leverett 6 to 1. Shortly before intermission, Elephant star Fred Ecker was severely cut below the eye, and his team scored only once in the second half.

In the week's hockey tilt, the Yard took a 4 to 0 drubbing at the hands of a fast Adams squad yesterday morning.

Lowell's squash team dropped a close 3 to 2 match to Winthrop yesterday, as Bellboy Bill Lawrence, better known as a Varsity pole vaulter, remained undefeated in intramural play. Leverett toppled Adams 3 to 2 in another racquets encounter.